Road to Somorrostro Review

Title - The Road to Somorrostro 

Author - Julia Slack

__________________________________________________________________________________

spice 🌶 - 1.5 (mentioned but not described)

scare 😱 - 1

plot 📖 - 3.5

characters 🧍- 5

stars ⭐ - 4


 

Congratulations Julia Slack on a truly great debut novel!!


I loved this book, despite it not being one I would normally pick up. The characters are well-written and the setting in the book is described in such a way you are transported to the Spanish coastline. This book is a BUMPY road, but the ending is so heartwarming you can't help but love everyone involved. 

The only reason this book is not a full 5 stars is because I had to get halfway to really get into the plot. This may be because I am not a big historical fiction reader and please do not let that deter you from picking this book up. It is a fantastic read!


Thank you Julia for providing my review copy! All thoughts and opinions above are my own. 

❤ Les

View my review on Goodreads here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review