Let's Talk About Les

    Hey, bookworms! My name is Celeste and I am just a 20-something girl trying to figure her life out. I live in Eastern Oregon with my boyfriend, our cattle dog, Remi, and our cat, Hank. I'm a small-town girl but will escape to the city every once in a while. Nothing feels better than returning to the slow pace and fresh air when I get back. In my free time, I like to read (obviously), tend to my plants (way too many), and take photos in nature (not nearly enough). 

    I was a big reader when I was a kid, but as you all know life gets crazy. Being required to read a lot of books in middle and high school killed the spark I had for books. After high school life got even busier somehow. I'd maybe read a book a year. Last year on a family vacation I actually had this thing called free time. I picked up the book I'd been reading for four months and finished it. Even after that, it was impossible for me to try and make reading a priority. Then my grandma got put in comfort care (in hospital hospice). She was my rock and confidant for so many years. Reading was about the only thing that would distract me. She was an avid reader herself and it made me feel closer to her after she passed in October. She called me Les, hence the name of this blog! Once I started the habit again it quickly became one of my favorite things. I learn so much from books and they are a wonderful distraction from this world we live in that let's be honest isn't always the best. 

    I tend to gravitate towards mystery/thrillers, but a girl can only handle so much thrill. When I need a break I read a feel-good romance or a fiction book that was on some book club list. I can always promise that I will be 100% honest in my reviews. I also loooooove recommendations. I'll link my social media below, feel free to message me with all your faves. 

❤ Les

➳ Goodreads

➳ Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review