This Summer Will Be Different Review!

Title - This Summer Will Be Different

Author - Carley Fortune

________________________________________________________________ 

spice 🌶 - 4

scare 😱 - 0

plot 📖 - 5

characters 🧍- 5

stars ⭐ - 5



 THE book of the summer! 




THE SETTING

If there is one thing I can count on in a Carley Fortune book it is that I will want to quit my job and move to some random Canadian town to live my best life. The way she describes and evokes feelings in the settings of her books is truly unmatched. Watch out Prince Edward Island, I'm coming for you!... once I get the money... and a passport. 




THE CHARACTERS

swooooon! Fortune brings the characters to life and they are so distinct from one another. They have quirks, faults, and struggles that all intertwine with one another. The female friendship is probably my favorite part of the book, (Felix is a close second) between Lucy, Bridget, Farah, and Lucy's aunt there are so many great moments. 



THE ROMANCE

I am a sl*t for second-chance romances. This is like a fifth-chance romance soooo quintuple that sl*tiness and that is how I was feeling about the romance in the book. It spans five summers in which Lucy has traveled to Prince Edward Island. All of the summers were equally glorious and got their attention due, but it also did not drag on any of them. The book is paced SO WELL. While there is some tropes I am not the biggest fan of it turns out that if the writing is this good, I couldn't care less! 




THE TROPES

~ Second (5th) -Chance Romance

~ Forbidden Romance

~ Insta-Lust

~ 3rd Act Breakup (kinda) 

~ Best Friend's Brother

~ Multi Timeline

~ Single POV

~ Found Family


❤ Les


PS

There is NO cheating trope!!!!!!!!!!!


View my review on Goodreads here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review