What Happens in Paradise (Paradise #2) Review!

  Title - What Happens in Paradise

Author - Elin Hilderbrand 

________________________________________________________________ 

spice 🌶 - 2

scare 😱 - 0

plot 📖 - 4

characters 🧍- 4

stars ⭐ - 4





What Happens in Paradise was a step down from Winter in Paradise. In this second book of the Paradise series, you get some much-needed backstory about how Rosie and Russ met. This brings the element of infidelity to light. While it was a part of the first book, the second dives deep into it. Russ pissed me off a lot during these chapters. Baker rubbed me the wrong way through the first book and that feeling carried on through the second. It may be because I have a book crush on Cash, but I freaking hateeeeeee his brother. Baker could make all the right decisions and I fully believe I would still think it was the stupidest thing to do on the face of the Earth.

As with the first book, What Happens in Paradise is MESSY. There is lots of back and forth between characters that are repetitive and annoying by the end.






Enough of the negatives though, the majority of this book was very good. You learn so much about the characters and there is so much development with them. As with the first book, the scenery is to die for. Hilderbrand's ability to build an entire island is crazy. I feel like if you dropped me on St. John (Hilderbrand's version) I could navigate it with ease.


I appreciate that this series (thus far) is not exclusively dumb little romance novels, they have some bite. As you find out in the first book, Russ's employment is more than likely skeevy. That storyline develops by leaps and bounds in the second book and just like the first leaves you on a cliffhanger.

The first book set the bar extremely high. I plan to finish this series this summer and hopefully, the last book is back up to par with the first.

❤ Les

P.S. 
I don't know what happened with me copying this review from Goodreads, but it got a little jacked up. I can't wait to dive into the rest of this book this summer. Make sure to follow me on Goodreads to keep up with what I'm reading in real time! 

View my review on Goodreads here.

➳ Goodreads

➳ Instagram


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review