Run, Rose, Run - Review!

 Title - Run, Rose, Run

Author - Dolly Parton & James Patterson

________________________________________________________________ 

spice 🌶 - 0

scare 😱 - 2

plot 📖 - 5

characters 🧍- 4

stars ⭐ - 5



“I say if you’re going to take a chance on something, you just go full balls to the wall.”
― Toby Keith


Run, Rose, Run was my first read by James Patterson. While perusing the book table at Costco it was Dolly Parton's name that caught my eye. I have been listening to her music since I was born, and when I saw James Patterson's name accompanying it I knew it would probably be a great read. The back of the book was vague, but I threw it into my cart and took it home. It then collected dust for over a year. I just didn't have a pull to read it. I let my partner pick the next book I read and he chose Run, Rose, Run and I'm so happy he did. If you've been on the fence about picking it up, do it!

The book doesn't have a slow part. Is it not particularly thrilling until the last few chapters? Yes. However, the plot continued to reveal things about the characters that kept me intrigued throughout. Amongst all of the character drama was a peak into the music scene, particularly the Nashville country music scene. Country music is what I grew up on, and is what I still primarily listen to on the day-to-day. Reading a book that gave you a look at that scene was fascinating in itself. *Disclaimer* I have no idea if the scenes depicted in this book have any actual bearing on what the music scene is really like.

Altogether (minus a gaggle or two of scumbags) the characters were great. AnnieLee did piss me off from time to time, but all in all, she was a great dynamic character. There are SO MANY characters in this book, many of them supporting characters to the three mains. Even the supporting characters had details and dynamics to them that I have to congratulate Patterson and Parton on.

The combination of juicy secrets, country music, and a little romance was everything I could have hoped for in a book. A bonus is I am writing this review while listening to Dolly's Run, Rose, Run album on Spotify. This is a book where my 5 stars may not correlate to your book's 5-star needs. If you are not a big country music fan like myself, probably skip Run, Rose, Run. Picking up a book where one of the main themes in the Nashville music scene is just setting yourself up for failure.

❤ Les

PS 
I got a little behind on posting my reviews here, which I'm sure will happen from time to time. To keep up with everything I'm reading don't hesitate to check out my Goodreads. Maybe we can be friends! :) 

View my review on Goodreads here.

➳ Goodreads

➳ Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review