A Court of Wings and Ruin Review (ACOTAR #3)

 Title - A Court of Wings and Ruin (ACOTAR #3)

Author - Sarah J Maas

________________________________________________________________ 

spice 🌶 - 3.5

scare 😱 - 0

plot 📖 - 4.5

characters 🧍- 5

stars ⭐ - 4.5




If you haven't read the series up to here, proceed at your own risk. 


After the cliffhanger of the second book, I was READY for this book to be everything and more that A Court of Mist and Fury was. A Court of Wings and Ruin pivoted from A Court of Mist and Fury in a way I surprisingly liked. The smut gets turned down in ACOWR and is much more strategy and battle-based. I was 100% into it. Enjoying ACOWR reassured me that I will enjoy the rest of Maas's books. The main thing that bugged me about ACOWR was that *BIG OLE MAJOR SPOILER*. The ending is wrapped up with a pretty little bow and everyone lives happily ever after. It just seemed all too perfect for what happened throughout the plot.
 

Feyre's badassery takes a step down in the second half of the book. At first, I was fist pumping in the air at her single-handedly killing and espionaging enough for the whole damn court. Then she goes back to the Night Court and beyond a battle scene here or there she just sits on the sidelines. I will say, that at least she's doing it by choice and not being forced by Tamlin. *insert angry face* 


Lucien is almost completely written out of this book, in the most textbook way. In the beginning, he is at the front lines and ends up coming back with Feyre to the Night Court. When it finally gets through his thick skull that Elain does not want him he offers to go find some mysterious queen and poof he's gone. You don't hear or see from this man again until the last hundred pages of the book when he returns with the said queen he didn't even convince the to come in the first place. 


Minus the ending, I still thoroughly enjoyed the book. You get to experience a lot of the other courts and meet a lot of new characters. Side note - Sarah, was it really necessary to have so many characters' names start with "T"? Feyre and Rhysland are swoon-worthy and I'm excited for the new romances that seem to be on the horizon... *cough cough* *Spoiler*. Tamlin also has an interesting character arc in this book that my bestie and I fought about over some chips and margs. 


Onto the next!


❤ Les


PS 
To view any spoilers please check out my Goodreads review!

View my review on Goodreads here.

➳ Goodreads

➳ Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review