Holly Jolly Readlist - Book 2 Review

 

Title - Christmas Honeymoon (For One) - Sweet Paradise Resort Christmas Book 1

Author Hope August

_________________________________________________________________


spice 🌶 - 0

scare 😱 - 0

plot 📖 - 3

characters 🧍- 3

stars ⭐ - 3



“I can be a romantic if the timing is right.”


This quote spoken by Kate's best friend is a perfect example of how I feel about this book. I too, can be romantic if the timing is right, this book just isn't timed right.
First off they are only "enemies" for a hot second, so calling this novella and "enemies to lovers" is a stretch. Secondly, the book itself is very bare-bones. It is comparable to the Hallmark movies I watch while I wrap Christmas presents. Lastly, Liam is not perfect, far from it. I personally think he's a guy who puts on a good face but is actually pretty arrogant.
Exhibit A -
“Change the song,” he demanded. The man stared at him, baffled. “What?” “I said we’re changing the song, buddy. Start this one.” He jabbed his finger at the paper within a plastic sheet protector. “But she didn’t request—” “Just do it.”
Exhibit B -
“Back at the resort, you got it all wrong.”

Back to my comparison to Hallmark movies. Just like those this book is a "clean romance". I have read plenty of clean romance books. The issue I have with many of them is they tend to get VERY cheesy. I'm not sure why but a lot of books like this one are very unrealistic. Just some of the things both Liam and Kate say and do really just took me out of the story and made it much less enjoyable of a read for me.
If you're looking for a quick holiday read that is clean (both language and sexual content) and doesn't have any surprises, I'd recommend it. If you looking for something that is different or smutty, definitely skip it.

❤ Les

View my review on Goodreads here.

➳ Goodreads

➳ Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review