People We Meet on Vacation Review

Title - People We Meet on Vacation

Author - Emily Henry

__________________________________________________________________________________

spice 🌶 - 3

scare 😱 - 0

plot 📖 - 3

characters 🧍- 4

stars ⭐ - 3





    In my opinion, this book is the definition of a 3-star book. It wasn't bad, but it also was not anything I was screaming from the rooftops about. This book made me laugh and there were some deep moments but overall it was just pointless chatter. Also, why this book got over 300 pages I have no idea, but it shouldn't have. 


Poppy really did have some lines that stuck with me. This is the first book I have ever highlighted. 

My first highlight and absolute favorite line of the whole book: 


"Apparently the completion of long-term goals often leads to depression. It’s the journey, not the destination, babe, and whatever the fuck else those throw pillows say.


And some other honorable mentions: 


"And not that there’s any reason to compare the two, or any two bodies, really. It’s sort of messed up that the thought even popped into my head."


"I wish I could bottle this moment and wear it as a perfume."


"It’s the very fact that it’s finite that makes traveling special."


    However, these few quotes and a few more I am not sharing because of *spoilers* are just a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of inner and spoken dialogue from Ms. Poppy Wright. Usually, I am a slut for inner dialogue, but oh man this was just too much. The main reason I gave this story three stars is that the number of pointless chapters you have to trudge through just to get a few good chapters just isn't worth it. That and the ending is more than lackluster in my opinion. 


    Overall this book is an easy beach read and you can get through it quickly. This book was a book club read, but if I was reading it by myself I could have easily read it in a week. If you're on vacation and want something to read by the pool that fits all the summery vibes, I'd recommend it. For anything else, probably not. 


    I do LOVE Emily's writing style, I just don't think the plot of this book was my cup of tea. I am excited to read some more books by her. 


❤ Les


View my review on Goodreads here

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review