Dead Man's Wake Review (ARC version)

 Title - Dead Man's Wake (Mike Bowditch #14)

Author - Paul Dorien 

__________________________________________________________________________________

spice ๐ŸŒถ - 1

scare ๐Ÿ˜ฑ - 2

plot ๐Ÿ“– - 4

characters ๐Ÿง- 3

stars ⭐ - 3.5



*This is the first book I have read in the series*


I was sent an advance copy of this book and was very excited to read it! Despite having not read the past 13 books the plot sounded very intriguing. There were two main issues I had with this book:

1. There was a lot of extra information in this book that I felt was just used as filler to get to the length of a chapter. Some of it was interesting and important to the plot lines, other things felt like I was accidentally reading a textbook.

2. Mike Bowditch bugs me. This may be because I am missing a backstory from the previous books. Regardless at this point in time, I think he is arrogant and conceited. He speaks throughout the whole book about how the lake constable is hot-headed and abrasive like he was. Except he is still like that. I know you aren't supposed to like every protagonist in a book, but in a 14-book series, I would think liking the protagonist is pretty important.

Other than those two issues I did enjoy this book. A lot of the other characters were enjoyable and the majority of the plot was engaging and well-written. I plan on reading the series from the start now and hopefully change my mind about the Mike Bowditch character.

❤ Les

View my review on Goodreads here.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk About Les

Choice Awards - Les's Version

Holly Jolly Readlist Book 1 Review